Here are Some Recipes from TikTok and more!
Ramen noodles are the stereotypical college student meal. However, that does not mean that ramen has to be boring and flavorless. For those that love ramen noodles, and want to “up” their ramen noodle game, here are some great ramen noodle recipes!
- 1 pack of Ramen noodles
- 1 Tbsp of butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp of soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp of chili flakes (can be left out if desired)
- 1 to 2 Tbsp of water
- Spring onion for topping
- Boil your ramen noodles, but make sure to not overcook them. Once cooked, drain them and set them aside for later.
- In a pan, melt some butter and add your chopped garlic clove.
- Once the clove has cooked for some time, add your soy sauce and chili pepper flakes. Keep stirring continuously.
- Stir in the brown sugar to your pan and add a bit of water.
- Add your ramen noodles to the pan and stir them into the sauce.
- Crack an egg and cook it next to the ramen, but do not mix them yet. Once the egg has begun to cook, stir it into the ramen and finish cooking.
- Plate your ramen and add spring onion or bagel seasoning as a garnish.
- 4 to 5 cups of Birria broth
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 Jalapeno
- 2 packs of ramen noodles
- Chopped onion (for garnish)
- Chopped Cilantro (for garnish)
- Fresh lime (for garnish)
- Place leftover birria in a pot and let it cook on medium heat.
- Once the birria has simmered, add your corn and jalapeno.
- After your corn has cooked, add your ramen noodle packets.
- Allow your noodles to boil and once that is done, plate them with some broth and add the garnishes.
- 1 ramen package
- 1 slice of cheese (any kind is fine)
- 1 egg
- Around 300 ml of water or a little over 1 cup
- 2 sausages
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mushroom
- A small bundle of chives
- Cut your sausages, chives, and mushrooms into small pieces.
- Boil some water and once it is ready, pour your hot water over your noodles in a heat-resistant bowl.
- Add your seasoning mix, sausage, and mushrooms to the hot ramen. Cover the bowl and place it in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Take out your ramen and stir everything together.
- Burrow a space in the middle of your ramen and place an egg inside it. Once done, place your bowl back into the microwave for 2 to 2.5 minutes.
- Take out your ramen, place a cheese slice while it is still warm, mix everything together, and enjoy!
Now, what is an FPU student’s take on spicing up ramen noodles? In John Russel Laforteza’s case, he likes to make his ramen noodles healthier by adding some protein and vegetables. The type of ingredients he uses depends on what he is craving, but here is an example!
John Russel Laforteza’s ramen noodles
- 1 pack of ramen noodles
- 1 cup of broccoli
- 2 tablespoons of bok choy
- 1 egg
- 1 can of spam meat
- Boil your ramen along with the seasoning packet.
- Once cooked, add your broccoli, spam, and bok choy.
- Let the vegetables cook for a bit and once that is done, add your egg.
- Let your egg cook until it is poached and when that happens, your meal is ready to plate and eat!
Written By: Saraleim Mozqueda Saldana
Graphic By: Liza Larrabee