Christmas Trends of 2020
With Christmas less than a month away, and COVID-19 cases continuing to rise in the United States, many people still want to make this holiday season a special one. This can be more stressful for those who want to avoid large crowds and social gatherings, but doesn’t need to put a damper on many alternative activities that can keep their spirits merry and bright.
My family is keeping our Christmas traditions at home this year. We usually spend Christmas Eve with family, but this year we’ll be doing it through virtual meet ups.The Syrinx thought it would be a great idea to check out what the popular Holiday traditions are in this unprecedented year of 2020. A few of the top trends this Christmas are:
- Personalized Christmas Gifts: Ornaments, tumbler cups and photo albums
- Holiday Home Baking: Gingerbread cookies, Butter Pecan Shortbread Cookies and Sugar Cookies
- Virtual Online Gatherings: Using Zoom, Skype and Facetime
- Outside Light Shows: Here in the Valley, we have Christmas Tree Lane and The Fresno Chaffee Zoo Lights
- Christmas Movie Marathon: Home Alone, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Elf, Netflix’s original Christmas movies, and Hulu
Despite the uneasiness that some might feel about this holiday season, I hope everyone stays safe and are able to keep as many holiday traditions as possible while staying at home. I know I’m looking forward to Christmas movie marathons and gingerbread cookies.
Author: Marisa Kaleva | Staff Writer